WinTech is committed to the development of adaptive rowing and equipment worldwide. Our line of adaptive rowing shells, the Explorer 21 single and 30 double, pontoons ,fixed seat and other accessories were developed in response to research and testing with members of the adaptive rowing community.
WinTech's director of research and development, chief engineer, and renowned designer Klaus Filter spent many months perfecting designs that meet the needs of adaptive rowers. As the sport evolves you can be assured WinTech will continue to incorporate the latest innovations in adaptive rowing.
WinTech is an official supplier of adaptive boats for FISA sanctioned rowing events and the WinTech Explorer 21 and 30 were the boats used by adaptive athletes during the 2008 Paralympics, Beijing, China.
Why adaptive rowing?
- Rowing is a sport that accommodates an extremely wide range of disabilities with beneficial effects. The buoyancy of water helps overcome limitations that may seem insurmountable on land.
- Rowing develops both mental and physical skills and the potential for lifetime fitness.
- Adaptive athletes can row at any level - for recreation, for competition, and for rehabilitation therapy.
- Adaptive equipment has multiple uses, an important factor in budget planning. The same basic equipment - shells and stabilizing pontoons - can be used for training, recreational rowing and Learn to Row programs.
- Rowing provides an opportunity for the integration of adaptive athletes within their local rowing communities.