Never before could you measure pitch so quickly and accurately.
Pitch is the angle at which the blade of the oar is in the water. This is crucial as it directly affects how the blade will act under pressure. With too much pitch it will swoosh out of the water, with too little it will get sucked in too deep.
With a resolution for 0.1 degree, this waterproof pitch meter allows for fast and accurate measurements. No need to level the boat. You can even measure with a boat upside-down on the trailer as long as you keep it stable between zeroing and measurement.
- Place the pitchmeter in the boat (or other reference plane)
- Push the button: 'zero' (display '0' )
- Place against the pin, oarlock or footstretcher
- Read pitch on display
Because of the size and versatility of this product, the applications are almost unlimited. Measure the pin, the footstretcher or even use it for hanging pictures!
For best performance follow these rules:
Ask boatbuilder where to zero (seat deck, gunwale, bottom of hull, etc.) It's easiest to work accurately when you are comfortable (boat on slings, optimal height, no distractions, no time pressure).
Measure the pin rather than the oarlock; today's standard is 0 degree lateral and longitudinal, no outward pitch.
Electronic Pitchmeter Features & Specifications
- Resolution: 0.1 degree
- Repeatability: ±0.1 degree
- Measuring Range: +180 to -180 degrees
- Waterproof (IP54)
- Auto Shut-off: after 5 minutes
- Dimensions: 50.8 x 50.8 x 32.0mm (2 x 2 x 1.3 inch)
- Power: 3V CR2032 Lithium battery (included)
- Work temperature: 39°F - 104°F